I’m writing less and less here. I checked… only a few articles this year. Perhaps this is the feeling you have when you talk with all and nobody in the same time – if you know what I mean. It is also the feeling that life is more important to live rather than socialmediasize it.
Coming from somebody that is involved a lot in social media, I recognize it is strange to say it, but still… we should not be drowned by it.
Fastening from media in general – that is an interesting idea indeed. We all should exercise it for time to time. What you have to do is to avoid opening at any cost the browser, the newspaper, the radio or the TV. Nor read any commercial or written word pushed to your eyes. Only your own thoughts. And surprise! You will realize after a few days how far you are disconnected from your own being.
And did I mention? – stop for a while to look into your smartphones and tablets, stop listening to the gagas and just look on the window. You may discover the real world around you.
Back to this blog… Well, for now, I’m still going to keep it. I started it because of eLiberatica. After a while, I thought that helping with my part to the so called "social media awareness" can change the way we think and behave, in the good way. After more time, I learned that is actually only a tool in which individuals and organizations try to influence the others. Can be for good or bad.. So be carefully how and what are you listening to.
The way to change things for good must not rely solely on a tool. It is more about us – to stay in touch with our own being and with the others, at e personal and intimate level. And this is where computers and Internet cannot do much help. There are more important things in life. Which is short indeed.
Now, here are some things I consider deserves to be shared with you; things that I found interesting along this year:
- Movies: Melancholia (2011) – which I found more profound than Three of Life (2011); Hereafter (2010) – you have to see it. And some more – in no particular order: The Robber (2010), Margin Call (2011), Farewell (2009), Day of the Wacko (2002), The Man from Earth (2007), Cashback (2006), The Virgin Suicides (1999), The Fighter (2010), Black Swan (2010), Anonyma (2008), The Tunnel (2001), The American (2010), The Joneses (2009), The Soloist (2009). There would be more, but since this is not a cinema blog, I stop here 😉
- Fiction Books: Noaptea de Sanziene (The Forbidden Forest), by Mircea Eliade – a timeless and magic story, I strongly recommend it (I cannot believe is having no review on Wikipedia…).
- Audiobooks: Confucius, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad – by The Teaching Company, extremely interesting.
- Non-fiction Books: SuperFreakonomics and Outliers (not new, but good).
- Music: I felt in love with Cesaria Evora, Amalia Rodrigues, Dulce Pontes, and fado in general.
For the ones asking about eLiberatica. No plans for 2012, sorry. I will consider 2013, if, hopefully, I can find the time, the mood, and in general, if the general economic downturn will cease…
Professionally speaking? I’m continuing to push CapturePlay – the company I’m working for. From my personal point of view, one of the most important achievements this year is the internship program, which I setup it there with the help of a few Canadian immigration organizations. It makes you feel good when you can help others to succeed, and they help you back to build your product.
Generally speaking, since one year ago CapturePlay’s Alexa ranking was somewhere around 24,000,000 and now is around 340,000 that is confirming we did a lot towards achieving success.
In general, this year was tough… My father passed away… I finally started to publish his work.
So yes, it was tough again, but also enlightening. It refocused my mind to the most essential meanings of life; people we love, family and time; doing best you can to be human, to be good.
For the friends who are interested, there are some pictures from 2011.
OK, I think that is all for now, and for this year.
Looking forward for 2012.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get."
I wish you all a Happy New Year, peace, love, prosperity and happiness!
[flickr-gallery mode=”photoset” photoset=”72157627235618176″]